Feeling so blessed today on Mother's Day with a sweet 2.5 year old and one that's kicking me from the inside. I'm now actually 25.5 weeks along and feeling...
- SO much better (sickness wise)! I feel like I'm almost human again! I'm off my meds (for the past 2 weeks), and I'm able to eat almost anything again (exceptions: pizza & salsa). My crazy sense of smell has calmed down a bit so I can stand when people make toast now or when the stove heats up. I thought I would never feel normal again. Praise God for this relief!
- MORE energy in general. I'm not feeling as faint or lightheaded, and my muscles have gotten stronger, after lying on a couch for 4 months straight!
- LIKE I could sleep forever in the mornings. No matter when I wake up, I feel like I've been hit by a truck.
- THE urge to bake lots and lots of sweets. Uh-oh. I have the biggest sweet tooth in the world! And I've finally gained above my pre-pregnancy weight now...I'm +3 lbs! (Which means I actually gained quite a bit in only a few months...I've gained back all that I had lost initially- 12 lbs - plus 3 more.)
- GRATEFUL for this magic little heartburn reliever called PAPAYA ENZYMES.
- THANKFUL for my wonderful midwife. I honestly love my monthly appts. They are held at her home where we talk for most of the appt. This past appt. I was able to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time through the fetoscope! So neat! Last time, Baby was so active that they couldn't listen long enough before he/she would move. This time, too, Baby would kick so hard I could see my belly move! The heartrate was somewhere in the 130's, much lower than Charlie's was. I love how relaxing our appts are, how family centered they are (they encourage us to bring Charlie with and bring up toys for him to play with), that there is minimal testing done (that we agree on together), and that we are seen as the primary decision makers throughout the pregnancy. Hugs are exchanged upon arrival and departure, and it's just such a peaceful atmosphere.

No comments:
Post a Comment